Saturday 23 January 2016

Golden Syrup Cake


Happy New Year! I'm back from a long break and it's quite difficult to get back into the swing of things. I've not actually felt like baking which does happen from time to time. However, I wanted to bake something for our AlphaBakes challenge this month so I chose a simple recipe from BBC Good Food. It's a golden syrup cake which is really simple to make and tastes absolutely delicious! I've had it on its own, with creme fraiche and with ice cream and they are all equally good. My colleagues were extremely happy as they've been without cake for quite a few weeks! The cake smells of golden syrup and you can really taste it in the cake as it's the main ingredient. It's a lovely moist cake with a crispy topping. A definite winner! 

I'm sending this to AlphaBakes hosted by myself this month and Caroline from Caroline Makes on alternate months. The letter this month is G for Golden syrup.





 cooking the golden syrup, butter and sugar 

 ready to go in the oven - my batter was still a bit lumpy but it turned out ok in the end! 


 delicious moist cake with a crispy top 

Recipe from BBC Good Food

5 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Nice to have you back with such a glorious looking cake!! I hadn't thought of g for golden syrup. That's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is good to be back :) this cake is definitely a great cake to come back too!

      Delete
  2. Lovely - a golden syrup cake never disappoints. I hope you had the requisite little taster from the golden syrup bottle? I adopt a 'one for the cake, one for me' approach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one for the cake, one for me approach hence the giant tin of golden syrup!

      Delete
  3. Just right for the time of year, looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!