Saturday 7 November 2015

Apple, toffee, raisin and butterscotch muffins


This is a variation on the toffee apple muffins that I posted earlier in the week. They were so popular I baked them three times in a week! I had further requests but had run out of ingredients. I decided to use up leftovers that I had to create a variation of the muffin and it worked beautifully. Personally I prefer this version as it has butterscotch chips and raisin. J prefers the toffee apple muffins.

I'm sending this to the No Waste Food Challenge guest hosted this month by Tracy from It's Not Easy Being Greedy on behalf of Elizabeth from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary. This recipe uses up the bits of ingredients in my cupboard - raisin, butterscotch chips and 4 toffee sweets.


It's also suitable for the Credit Crunch Munch challenge guest hosted by Elizabeth from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary on behalf of Helen from Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla from Fab Food 4 All.







Makes 14 muffins

2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 pot of 165g fat free yoghurt
150mls milk
100g brown sugar
100g butter, melted
300g plain flour
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
4 toffee sweets, chopped into quarters
100g raisins
100g butterscotch chips

  • Preheat the oven to 180C. 
  • In a large bowl, mix the yoghurt, milk, eggs, sugar and butter.
  • In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients.
  • Stir into the wet ingredients until just mixed.
  • Stir in the chopped apples,toffee sweets, raisins and butterscotch chips.
  • Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
  • Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

10 comments:

  1. These look and sound so delicious, I just love the toffee apple vibe. I've never come across butterscotch chips so will look out for those! Thanks for a fab entry to #CreditCrunchMunch:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the butterscotch chips from America and they are really delicious! Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  2. Hurrah for Bonfire Night and toffee themed baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah indeed! I've added toffee to just about everything lately :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, these sound perfect for this time of year, very autumnal, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of these - tasty and very autumnal. Thanks for entering into the no waste food challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious. Love the idea of adding butterscotch chips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes the muffins made with little bits and bobs left in the back of the cupboard are the best. I could seriously go one of these right now with a coffee! Thank you for sharing with Credit Crunch Munch and the No Waste Food Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!