Tuesday 20 May 2014

Speculoos Cupcakes


I bought a jar of Speculoos ages ago from a trip to Europe and it's been sat at the back of my cupboard gathering dust. You can now buy it in supermarkets here which is good as I will probably want more after the success of these cupcakes. I baked these for work using a recipe I found online and they were absolutely delicious. It has a rich caramel flavour and a lovely smooth consistency. It tastes exactly like the little Lotus biscuits that you often get with coffee/tea but in cupcake form. 


 milk, brown sugar, plain flour, butter, speculoos, eggs 

 The star ingredient 

 ready to go in the oven 

 I decorated mine with some coloured star sprinkles 

Recipe available here 

6 comments:

  1. Oh lovely!
    I adore Speculoos and was wondering what to do with the jar at the back of a cupboard - a present from a Belgian friend.
    Now I know you can get it here I could easily become addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I seriously need to get my hands on a jar of Speculoos! Fantastic looking cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do and I promise you won't regret it!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, looks like we had the same idea! http://cloudninepointone.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/belgian-speculoo-caramelised-biscuit.html

    I do love Speculoo spread! Your cupcakes look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!