Friday 4 April 2014

Peach and Blueberry Maple Syrup Muffins


Remember my peach and blueberry maple maple walnut pie? Well one of my colleagues is allergic to walnuts so I decided to make the same flavours sans nuts but in muffin form. I made up the recipe myself and they turned out so beautifully that I made a further 2 batches of these. I gave a box to my friend's mum who was in hospital following a surgery as I thought it might cheer her up! I love how the slices of peaches look like rays of sunshine. The muffins were deliciously moist and fruity. You can clearly taste the flavours of peach, blueberry and maple syrup and the wholemeal made it feel healthier. 

I'm sending this to Made with Love Mondays hosted by Javelin Warrior. 


I'm also sneaking this into Treat Petite hosted by Stuart from Cakeyboi and Kat from the Baking Explorer.  The theme this month is 'Spring into Easter' which can be traditional Easter bakes or anything spring like including spring colours. To me these look quite spring like, it's lovely and fresh so I hope that it qualifies. 


The Biscuit Barrel Challenge hosted by Laura from I'd Much Rather Bake Than... has the theme of 'fun' this month. Well that's a great open theme and as these were fun to make and certainly fun to eat, I hope that they qualify too.





 ready to mix everything together 

 love the colours of the fruit 

 They looked a little plain... 

 ... so I added some sliced peaches on top 


An original recipe by bakingaddict
Makes 9 large muffins

125g wholemeal flour
100g plain flour
50g caster sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
100mls milk
60mls vegetable oil
60mls maple syruo
1 egg
125g blueberries
2 peaches - 1 chopped and 1 sliced for the decoration

  • Preheat the oven to 180C. 
  • Prepare the peaches by cutting into half and removing the stone. Chop up 1 peach into small chunks and slice the second peach and set aside. 
  • Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
  • Place the wet ingredients in a jug and mix well.
  • Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients and mix well.
  • Finally add the chopped peaches and blueberries and stir.
  • Fill the muffin cases until about 2/3 full.
  • Place 3 slices of peaches on top of each muffin as shown. 
  • Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 
  • Allow to cool on a wire rack. 




10 comments:

  1. People seem to be split into either those who love nuts or who can't eat them (or don't want to). So it's handy to be something tasty and nut-free on hand. These sound delicious and I would love one for breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely great for breakfast and I agree with you on the nut front.

      Delete
  2. They qualify definitely! And look so gorgeous to eat and pretty too =) plus, I wouldn't feel guilty eating one with that fruit and whole grain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet these tasted sooo good! And they fit in with the theme perfectly! Thanks for joining in Treat Petite x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty with the peaches on top like that and packed with fruit that turns all jammy!.. love these x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberries are such a happy ingredient - one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!